Friday, April 27, 2007

Evicted from Second Life

After my first horrific experience with Second Life I found myself avoiding thinking about our assignment to play in Second Life. Unfortunately, Second Life seemed to be pursuing me. An old friend of mine contacted me via IM and started talking about the fact he wanted to get an account to explore SL for educational possibilities. I can’t tell you how loudly I groaned. Somehow I got talked into signing on to explore with him.

We never found each other but I did manage to learn about signs, how to get into a go-cart, how to set up a friend in SL and how to find that friend. Ended up we were about 80,000 miles apart (or something equally insane) so I decided to fly. I ran into a few buildings. I saw some other people flying occasionally. I also found out that some evil people had security in their air space! I finally ran up against a private island where I couldn’t manage to get out of their air space before I was forcibly evicted and sent to a telapad. Only problem was I was clueless on how to use the telapad so I ended up getting kicked out of the game. LOL

The good news is the updates SL has made makes it so I don’t seem to get sick anymore. The game runs at a more normal speed and doesn’t jerk like it did before.

No comments: