Monday, March 5, 2007

Lost on orientation island

I’m feeling kinda stupid here but I’ve managed to get lost on orientation island. I tried to fly and that worked but now I’m in trouble. I hate 3D games!

So far my character has drowned herself on multiple occasions and is flying around the island stark naked (at least she looks that way to me). She has ended up in quicksand (and she shreeks when that happens) but I don’t know how to save her. Finally I figured out how to fly her to one of the islands but there wasn’t a door into the walls. So after cracking her head into a wall repetitively I flew her up to the top of the building. I think running into the wall has adversely affected her because she was acting as if she could swim on the roof. I was really hysterical looking back – stark nuke and attempting to swim on a roof. I was really frustrated at the time.

Secondlife makes me feel ill. After fighting with the system for about an hour I was feeling sick to my stomach and developed a headache. This is why I have been avoiding playing in the game. I try to avoid all games like this- I’ve tried other 3D games and I usually end up having to lie down because I feel so ill. Tried a 3D ball game one time and I thought I would puke within 10 minutes. I’m really concerned about having the class in Secondlife (not only because I’m still on the island) but because I’m not sure I can handle a whole class in a 3D environment without compromising my health.

People often tell me to find a more adult game than Neopets. After this experience I'm ever more committed to sticking with what I know!

No comments: